Thursday, August 03, 2006

How would you classify the 21st Century so far?

How would you classify the 21st Centry so far?
When I was in college in the 60's I thought by now we would have the Age of Aquarius in full swing. But instead we have Israel and Lebanon escalating a conflict up into a full-blown war, starvation in Darfur and threatening the lives of millions throughout Africa, and Americans, who have everything that 80% of the planet craves and strives for - wealth, leisure, entertainments, IPods and MacDonalds - popping pills to and being told they have a disorder and need to take the latest pharma cash cow to cope with it (never mind the side effects, so WHAT if it increases your risk of suicide 7 times over someone who doesn't take it. The psychiatrists say it's safe and they're the authorities).

I don't know about you, but I personally don't like this kind of world, and I want to do something to change it.

I'd like to see Americans spending less time on their angst and more time helping people. I personally find it terrifically therapeutic to help somebody else. It normally makes ME feel great.

But then again, I have something I can use to help people. You would be amazed how fast a simple Scientology "assist" (see the definition of an assist here) works and how fast it is to learn how to do it. In fact you can just go to the Scientology Handbook web site and read about assists there.

I see the 21st Century as the century of potential. Because Scientology IS something people can learn quickly that really works to help people and this gives us a fighting chance to change the things we find despicable about this place and make it humane and prosperous and fair.

No comments: