Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Scientology Anti-Drug Campaign

Scientology churches
have been running anti-drug campaigns for a very long time. I remember as far back as 1981 that Scientologists were active in the "Get High On Yourself" campaign.

The "Say NO to Drugs, say YES to Life" campaign has been running in Europe for about 20 years, and this year the Drug Free Marshals will be 14 years old!

But if you want to understand why a Scientologist would be so active in helping people stay off drugs, I can tell you why it's important to me.

I have trained to be a Scientology Volunteer Minister. And I've seen first-hand how destructive drug use can be.

Just before I got involved in Scientology I had some neighbors I was very fond of - a couple in their early 20's. They were both artists.

They got more and more heavily into drugs, and the woman grew more and more anxious and withdrawn, until one day she attempted suicide.

I saw drugs completely change her personality.

This is just one exampe when I've seen this. I've seen many.

And I know that 1) Scientology offers solutions to drug abuse and 2) that for a person to get into drugs in the first place they must be trying to solve something in their lives, and Scientology is a much more certain and effective way to solve these problems.

No comments: